Recent press and musings involving projects from 3 Elliott Studio:
• The film “Doughboy” premiered with 3 sold-out theaters and standing ovations in Wheeling, WV. The cast and crew joined hundreds of people to celebrate the release of the film, which was shot entirely on location in Wheeling, WV. Due to popular demand, it has continued to be extended for two more weeks of showings in Beckley and Wheeling.
* The multi-talented Joey Hebdo continues to garner a lavish amount of praise in the Columbus press. Check out this recent feature in the Columbus Dispatch.
• Southeast Engine will join The Jayhawks and Hot Tuna for a live broadcast performance for NPR’s Mountain Stage in Athens, OH this October. Southeast Engine will be on tour this Fall with These United States, while continuing to gain great press from the likes of American Songwriter and Ghettoblaster Magazine.
• Pittsburgh’s own Chad Sipes Stereo’s new album “Less than or Equal to” is picking up some awesome reviews in The Pittsburgh Tribune and in The Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
• Our good friend Justin Gordon has been out on the road these days with The Avett Brothers. He has worked on various projects at 3 Elliott Studio in the past and continues to excel in his mind-blowing songwriting. Check out this recent performance of his song “Holocaust Girl” with The Avett Brothers.
• The new video for the Southeast Engine single “Red Lake Shore” was released today via Paste Magazine and filmed by the great Tommy Britt
• Check out this very cool mini-doc on the studio which was part of a recent news feature on our 10th anniversary. Columbus’ own Joey Hebdo had a terrific set at South by Southwest this year. Be sure to check out his album “Prosciutto” which was recorded and produced by Josh Antonuccio. Here’s a recent feature on this amazing songwriter.
• Autumn Burning’s new album is now out and has been getting some great reviews. Check out this one from Columbus Music Review.
• Southeast Engine’s new album “Canary” has been getting fantastic reviews from the likes of Pitchfork, Paste Magazine, and AV Club, They have also enjoyed a slot as a featured artist on NPR’s World Cafe and caught a nice blurb in American Songwriter.
• She Bears have had songs off their album “Found Myself Asleep” featured on recent episodes of “Teen Mom” on MTV, along with other MTV shows and Rockband. They recently made their way back to Athens for a performance.
•Tommy Britt’s Southeast Engine documentary “Stewart Summer” will be making its’ Southwest premiere at the Tucson Film and Music Festival next month. Check out the schedule!
•Wilson’s Reservoir’s album has been getting great reviews. Ben Wilson just returned from a European tour and is gearing up for a U.S. tour on the heels of their June release.
•Emily Rodgers’ album in Post-Gazette’s year-end-review and featured on NPR’s “All Songs Considered”
•New Graham Nash tribute album gets a nod from Pitchfork Media and has been getting good reviews. Vetiver recorded the track “I Used To Be A King” with Josh Antonuccio last year and mixed with Thom Monahan in L.A.
•Tommy Britt’s documentary “Stewart Summer” debuted at this year’s Athens Film Festival. In it, he chronicles the making of Southeast Engine’s “From The Forest to the Sea” in 2008, which was almost entirely recorded in an 1800’s auditorium in Stewart, Ohio.
• Great reviews coming for She Bears’ “Found Myself Asleep”. Check it out at Innocent Words and Independent Clauses.
• Great Backdrop Magazine article just out on the making of the new Southeast Engine record “Canary”. Check out the photo album.